How could a tone become a picture and light become a noise?

title quote: Carl Sagan



I am honoured to be intrusted with a share of great beauty. I think it`s simply genious and rare to find something so good it almost saddens me.
I feel this is so much - Mono no aware - a Japanese term a bit hard to translate in words, but if you watch this video first and selfobserve, then look up the explanations for the frase... I am sure you will find that it somehow resonates.
 
The author might go by the Dogme rules, thus he is not to be credited I have great respect and agree that: "to remain anonymous behind what you have created means that your work has an even stronger life of its own". (Herzog on Herzog)
How the video is made amazes me also.
Such a simple and profound idea.
A 10 minute shot is taken. The sound recorded on set is then stretched 150x and another auditory perception is born. This defenitely goes to my funeral playlist. Yes, I have one.

No comments: